Click on the links below or scroll down through the full list of typical questions and answers relating to our Mosaic Mapping Services. If you still require technical assistance please contact Geospatial Solutions.
- Minimum System Requirements
- Pop-up Blockers
- Mosaic Functionality when using Internet Explorer 7
- How to access aerial photography and contours
- Mosaic User Guide (1.43MB)
This is a large file and is recommended for download by a broadband connection. To view the file in person, please contact council
Minimum System Requirements when using Mosaic.
- The information below is provided by the software vendor and is related to the minimum requirements of the Client PC to use the Mosaic Mapping Services application. However, Townsville City Council's Standard Operating System (SOE) uses Internet Explorer (currently Internet Explorer 7) exclusively so we can only test and guarantee that the application functions as expected in this browser version.
||Intel Pentium 4|
||1024 x 768 pixels, 16.7 M colours (24 bit)|
||A broadband (512Kb/s or faster) internet connection|
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, Linux|
Internet Explorer 8*, Firefox 3, Safari, Opera 9
* Mosaic will work with Internet Explorer 6 and 7, but users may encounter issues that can only be fixed by upgrading their browser to Internet Explorer 8 which is recommended by the software vendor
Flash Player 10.1*
*Earlier version of the Adobe Flash Player 10 will work, however best performance is achieved with the indicated version or above. Adobe Flash Player 9 and earlier is not supported.
Pop-up Blockers affect the functionality of Mosaic.
- Pop-up blockers stop the communication between the Mosaic database and your PC. Therefore some functionality in Mosaic is limited or blocked entirely and you will experience unexpected behaviour. It is recommended that when using the Mosaic Mapping Services, pop-up blockers are disabled for the length of your session. Pop-up blockers reside in a number of places ranging from in-built Internet Explorer pop-up blockers, through to add-ons such as Google or Yahoo Internet Toolbars. Please consult your IT department for assistance in disabling these systems, or alternatively consult the web for help documents.
Mosaic functionality when using Internet Explorer 7.
- When using Internet Explorer 7, Mosaic will only work when opened in a single tab. If using multiple tabs you will experience the Internet Exlorer session waiting with a black screen and a time cursor for your mouse pointer. You will also experience this same behaviour if you use the same Mosaic launch link more than once in the same Internet Explorer session. If you experience this sort of behaviour, it is recommended you close all Internet Explorer sessions and reopen. Alternatively, upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 will rectify this behaviour.
How to access aerial photography and contours.
- Townsvile City Council's latest digital aerial photography and contour information is available through our Mosaic Premium Service. This is a subscription based service where access to planning scheme and geotechnical information is also granted. For further information on the subscription based service please contact Geospatial Solutions who will be able to assist.