Date: Saturday 1 June 2013
Location: Queens Gardens, Raintree Lawn off Kennedy Lane (in conjunction with Eco Fiesta & Smart Lifestyle Expo)
Time: 1pm start.
Townsville City Council's Welcoming Babies Ceremonies are held in January, June and October and is open to families who live in Townsville with a baby who is under 13 months at the time of the ceremony.
The aims of the project are:
- To make a clear statement to parents, their extended families, friends and neighbours, to the wider community, and to our civic leaders, that the arrival of a baby is a significant event and deserves to be celebrated with an appropriate ceremony
- To reinforce the view that families, the community and organisations like the council have a responsibility towards babies and children in our community, and have a vested interest in their well being
- To show that the community values parents, and to give tangible evidence of this to parents
- To give parents information about resources or assistance that they may need.
Elements of the day include:
- The official presentation of a welcoming certificate, a plant, and a gift/information bag to each family
- A variety of information stalls provided by local organisations that work with families and children
- Children's activities and children's stage entertainment.
Welcoming Babies Stallholder
Registrations for stallholders have closed for June's Welcoming Babies Ceremony.
For more information please contact council's Community Services on 1300 878 001.