About the service
The Townsville Regional Schools Therapy Service (TRSTS) assists the Community Services section of Council to work towards achieving its vision: to play a leading role in enabling positive social change within council and the community.
Since 1996, funding for this program has been granted by the Non School Organisations. Under this grant, the Townsville City Council employs a therapy team, currently consisting of an occupational therapist and a speech language pathologist. TRSTS aims to facilitate the participation of children with special needs in the education system. Services are available to students within State, Catholic and Independent primary and secondary education facilitates in the Townsville district. As a government funded program, it is provided at no cost to the school or child’s family accessing the service.
The service seeks to maximise a child's educational outcomes by:
- Providing an effective, efficient and educationally relevant therapy service for students with disabilities.
- Enhancing access and participation.
- Physical access to the environment and school equipment.
- Access to curriculum/key learning areas.
- Having a shared understanding of key learning areas as developed or documented in the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- The provision of information aligned with the education outcomes of children with disabilities (to schools, parents and relevant agencies).
Follow this link for further information on Service Delivery, Eligibility Criteria, Prioritisation, How to organise a service, Funded caseload and Waiting List, Policies and Procedures, Newsletter and Frequently asked questions.
For further information about the service contact the Community Services Townsville Regional Schools Therapy Services Coordinator or email us.