Grants for Excellence in Sport
This program is a council initiative designed to assist Townsville sports people to achieve excellence in their chosen sports by providing financial assistance to attend National and International competitions.
No set closing dates, but must apply prior to the event.
Level of Financial Assistance
- $100 for competitions within Queensland
- $200 for interstate competition
- $300 for overseas competition
Funding is also available for team applications.
Examples of past funding approved
Townsville sports people (juniors, seniors and veterans) have been assisted to represent Queensland or Australia in a wide variety of competitions and sports from Australian Rules to Wheelchair Basketball.
Guidelines and application form
For the purposes of this grant program, council recognises that teams are made of four or more members. All members must be residents of Townsville city.
All applicants should also read information on How to Apply and the Grants and Sponsorship scheme's Objectives before applying.
Privacy Collection Notice
You are providing personal information as part of an application for grants or funding. Click here to view our collection notice.
Funding will not be provided for:
- Competitors in school based competitions. This includes applicants that were picked for their representative sides from a school based team.
- Coaches, Trainers, Strappers, Managers, Referees and any other individuals attending the event in a supporting role.
- Applications received after the start of the competition.
- Applicants who live outside of Townsville.
- Competitors in sports not sanctioned or organised by an Australian Sports Commission recognised or funded National Sporting Organisation.
Townsville City Council Staff reserve the right to exercise discretion regarding all applications.
Acknowledgement of grant funding is required by council. To ensure correct wording and logo usage is adhered to, please contact Marketing and Communications on 1300 878 001.
For further information contact council's Grants Officer on 1300 878 001 or send an email.