Tony Ireland Stadium comprises an Australian Football League (AFL) and cricket oval, a 1,000-seat grandstand and supporting facilities, the Riverway Oval, and cricket practice nets. Tony Ireland Stadium has been home to AFL and cricket matches at local, regional, state, and national levels.
The stadium features a two storey grandstand, with the he lower level incorporating change rooms, storage for gardening equipment, externally accessible amenities, an AFL Townsville development office, a shared meeting room, and facilities for medical and drug testing. The upper level features a shared AFL, cricket and corporate lounge with club administration, amenities, kitchen, store, and management and meeting rooms, and is the home of the Thuringowa Bulldogs and Queensland AFL.
Visit our event guide for information on upcoming events
Tony Ireland Stadium has a Function Room located on Level 1.
The function room is equipped with an operational bar, audio and visual equipment and views across the Riverway Lagoons, Parkways and Oval.
The room is available for various functions and events including conferences, training seminars, weddings, birthdays, trade shows and more.
Townsville City Council has an approved panel of caters that can be used across all Sports Facilities run by the council.
|Chef on Call|
|Cuisine to Go|
|Thuringowa Bulldogs AFL Club|
Conditions of Entry
Entry to the Stadium is subject to the following conditions:
- Any items which are regarded as dangerous or offensive are prohibited and will be confiscated.
- No alcohol may be brought into the stadium. Consumption of alcohol if prohibited in all parts of the ground except in designated areas.
- Patrons' persons, bags and eskies may be searched.
- Patrons who refuse inspection may be denied entry.
- Eskies, prams, pushers, bags and all other belongings must be able to fit under grandstand seats.
- Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the stadium except in designated areas.
- Umbrellas must not be raised during play.
- Deliveries from outside caterers will not be allowed into the Stadium.
- Patrons must comply with the provisions of the former City of Thuringowa Local Law #10.
Visit the Tony Ireland Townsville website.