What is Sustainable Housing about?
- Cost effective over time
- Designed for lifestyle
- Accessible to people of varying ages and abilities
- Appropriate for your needs and our Tropical climate
- Low maintenance
- Healthy to live in
- Safe minimising the occurrence of accidents at home
We host a series of fact sheets that have been developed specifically for Tropical Northern Queensland.
The role of the Sustainable Housing for the Tropics program
- Provide people living in tropical North Queensland with easy access to information on how to build, buy, renovate, and live in a more sustainable home, and
- Provide developers and those in the building industry with the information and tools to design and build sustainable housing which will meet public demand.
Further Information on Sustainable Housing
Further advice and direction to specific information regarding building, buying or renovating sustainably in tropical North Queensland can be obtained by contacting Planning and Development.
An initiative of the Townsville City Council