72,779 dwellings -- 45,320 families -- Median age 33… What else does the 2011 Census tell us about Townsville over time? Find out at:
Townsville Community Profile | Thursday 23 August, 2012, 2-4pm
You are invited to a community information session on the 2011 Australian Census and what it tells us about the Townsville community.
Every five years the Australian Census counts and describes Australia's people and their housing. Census information is used by all sections of the community, from federal, state and territory governments to town planners, community groups, students, large and small businesses, and more to:
- show characteristics of Australia's people and their housing within small geographic areas and for small population groups
- give governments and other users information they can use to support planning, administration, policy development and evaluation activities
- help plan basic services such as housing, social security, transport, education, industry, shops and hospitals
- estimate the population of each state, territory and local government area
- determine electoral boundaries and calculate the number of members to be elected to the House of Representatives
- determine the distribution of federal government funds
- produce population projections to assist communities in planning for the future
This information session will be presented by the Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Office of Economic and Statistical Research (Queensland Treasury), and hosted by Townsville City Council.
What will we talk about?
- What information is available from the 2011 Census?
- The latest population estimates and projections for Townsville
- Townsville in focus – some characteristics of Townsville
- What are the latest regional data releases?
This is an opportunity for anyone with an interest in North Queensland regional demography and statistics to hear the latest information, from industry experts.
|Thursday 23 August, 2012|
|Mayoral Reception Room (Ground Floor), Townsville City Council, 103 Walker Street, Townsville City|
|Bookings essential. RSVP by Friday 17 August to firstname.lastname@example.org|