Townsville City Waterfront PDA draft design guidelines
The Townsville City Waterfront Priority Development Area (PDA) Draft Design Guideline and Draft Inspiration Guideline are on public notification from Friday 1 June 2018 for 20 business days.
The guidelines provide design detail for developers and investors to ensure future development in the Townsville City Waterfront PDA aligns with Council’s vision for Townsville. The design detail includes: built form, footpath treatments, pedestrian connections, water sensitive urban design, lighting, wayfinding, public art and marine plants management.
The Inspiration Guideline is an additional document that summarises the Design Guideline and talks through the overarching vision for the Townsville City Waterfront PDA.
For more information, visit the Waterfront Priority Development Area web page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of the Townsville City Waterfront PDA Design and Inspiration Guidelines?
- The Townsville City Waterfront PDA Design and Inspiration Guidelines are used by Council to guide new development in the PDA, and are a guide for developers to ensure new buildings align with Council’s vision for the area. The guidelines also provide additional detail to the Townsville City Waterfront PDA Development Scheme.
- Who are the Design and Inspiration Guidelines for?
Developers and designers can use the tool to guide development in the Townsville City Waterfront PDA.
- How are the documents connected with the PDA?
- The Design and Inspiration Guidelines are given effect by the Townsville City Waterfront Priority Development Area (PDA) Development Scheme and are one of the deliverables included in the Implementation Strategy.
- Who long will the consultation run for?
- Consultation will run for 20 business days starting Friday 1 June 2018 and closing at 5pm Tuesday 3 July 2018.
Download the documents
- Townsville City Waterfront PDA Draft Design Guideline (PDF, 11.0 MB)
- Townsville City Waterfront PDA Draft Inspiration Guideline (PDF, 2.6 MB)
Make a submission
You can make a submission on the draft design guidelines in the following ways:
- Complete the Townsville City Waterfront PDA Design Guidelines submission form to make an online submission.
- Download the submission form (PDF) and return via:
- Email - email@example.com
- Post - PO Box 1268, Townsville QLD 4810
Submissions close 5pm on Tuesday 3 July.