Chief Executive Officer
Adele commenced with Townsville City Council on 1 August 2016. Adele grew up in regional Queensland and is a highly qualified executive with a strong public and private sector background. She was most recently the Executive Director for Productivity and Reform with the Office for the Public Sector, Department of Premier and Cabinet in South Australia and has previously been the CEO of Clubs South Australia and worked for 18 years in the Northern Territory in a range of roles including Executive Director, Economic Development and Projects which included covering the activities such as the $1Billion Darwin Waterfront project.
Role of the CEO
The Chief Executive Officer is employed by the council and is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the local government and its employees.
- Manage the day to day operations of the business and its staff in accordance with council's priorities and budget
- Oversee the implementation of decisions made by the council
- Management of local government employees in accordance with council's policies, organisational structure and resources and promoting equal employment opportunities
- Ensuring access and equity for community members to programs and reviewing decisions of the local government
- Exercise such functions of council as are delegated by the council to the Chief Executive Officer.
In April 2016, council asked independent consultants, Nous Group, to review its management structure and recommend options to improve operations and financial sustainability, and reduce red tape. Council adopted the report in full on 27 September 2016.
The report recommends a number of projects to be adopted to improve our financial sustainability and transform TCC into a more accountable, accessible and customer focused organisation with less red tape and more outcome focus.
Download and read the full report here (PDF, 1.3 MB)