Cr Les Walker - Deputy Mayor of Townsville
Business phone: 13 48 10
Mobile phone: 0418 315 705
- Planning and Development
- Local Recovery Group
- Infrastructure Services
- Townsville Water and Waste
- Financial Assistance and Events Group (FAEG)
- Townsville Breakwater Entertainment Centre Management Commit
- Heritage Advisory Committee – attendant
Divisional Newsletter - Division 10
We respect your privacy.
- Newsletter January 2020
- Newsletter September 2019
- Newsletter May 2019 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Newsletter October 2018 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Newsletter July 2018 (PDF, 12.7 MB)
- Newsletter November 2017 (PDF, 5.4 MB)
- Newsletter April 2017 (PDF, 562.4 KB)
- Newsletter September 2016 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Newsletter December 2015 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Newsletter July 2015 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Newsletter December 2014 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Newsletter July 2014 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Newsletter March 2014 (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Newsletter September 2013 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
Divisional Map - current
Divisional Boundary as at March 2020
Council divisions were reviewed by the Local Government Change Commission in 2019, with the boundary changes commencing at the March 2020 elections.
- Electoral Commission Queensland ECQ - Final Electoral Boundaries - Townsville City (effective from March 2020)
- Interactive Map - Electoral Commission Queensland (final and existing boundaries)
Les was born and raised in Townsville and has 14 years’ experience as a city Councillor.
Before joining the council, one of Les’s first jobs was as an apprentice plumber on the Burdekin Dam project - the largest dam in Queensland. He also worked at Townsville Correctional Centre for five years with adult offenders and for eighteen years at Cleveland Youth Detention Centre managing young offenders.
Les and his wife have also owned and operated several small businesses in Townsville and are the proud parents of two adult children.
Les is a member of the North Queensland Sports Foundation, has been a past champion in the sport of cycling and has played football (soccer) as well. As a football fan, Les would like to see an Asian team based in Townsville and competing in the Football Federation Australia competition.
He loves the Townsville lifestyle and enjoys the great outdoors, fishing, boating and camping with family and friends. Les believes that Townsville’s great lifestyle must be protected for future generations.
Les has a genuine interest in renewables and helped secure Townsville’s bid as a “Solar Cities” recipient in 2007 - this program was completed in 2013.
Les has completed a Diploma in Management and is currently the Community Ambassador for RUOK!