Cr Margie Ryder
Business phone: 13 48 10
Mobile phone: 0439 915 033
- Business Services and Finance
- Community Health, Safety and Environmental Sustainability
- Infrastructure Services
- Townsville Breakwater Entertainment Centre Management
- Mount Isa, Townsville Economic Development Zone (MITEZ)
- Overlanders Way Tourism Group
- Reef Guardian Council Steering
- Volunteering North Queensland
Divisional Newsletter - Division 1
We respect your privacy.
Council divisions were reviewed by the Local Government Change Commission in 2019, with the boundary changes commencing at the March 2020 elections.
- Electoral Commission Queensland ECQ - Final Electoral Boundaries - Townsville City (effective from March 2020)
- Interactive Map - Electoral Commission Queensland (final and existing boundaries)
As a local, experienced business owner, Margie Ryder understands the importance of creating more jobs for locals.
A Councillor for the McKinley Shire Council for 10 years, Margie has experience in serving the community and her work in events and tourism has earned her Queensland Tourism Awards and national recognition. Educated at St Margaret Mary’s College, she has completed a Diploma of Business, Cert IV in Tourism (Operations), Cert IV in Frontline Management, and a Certificate in Events Management from QUT.
Margie and her husband have raised and educated their two sons in Townsville and she is looking forward to delivering more opportunities for young people in our city.
As a partner in a family-owned engineering firm of over 28 years that now employs 40 locals, Margie understands the needs and challenges of small to medium size businesses in Townsville.
Margie’s passion is looking after grassroots volunteers and volunteer community organisations.