Cr Margie Ryder
Business phone: 13 48 10
Mobile phone: 0439 915 033
- Financial Assistance and Events Group
- Planning and Development
- Community Health and Environment
- Community and Cultural Development
- Townsville Breakwater Entertainment Centre Management Committee
- Inclusive Community Advisory Committee – member
- Murray Users Sports Advisory Committee – member
Divisional Newsletter - Division 1
We respect your privacy.
Divisional Map - current
Divisional Boundary as at March 2020
Council divisions were reviewed by the Local Government Change Commission in 2019, with the boundary changes commencing at the March 2020 elections.
- Electoral Commission Queensland ECQ - Final Electoral Boundaries - Townsville City (effective from March 2020)
- Interactive Map - Electoral Commission Queensland (final and existing boundaries)
As a local, experienced business owner, Margie Ryder understands the importance of creating more jobs for locals.
A Councillor for the McKinley Shire Council for 10 years, Margie has experience in serving the community and her work in events and tourism has earned her Queensland Tourism Awards and national recognition. Educated at St Margaret Mary’s College, she has completed a Diploma in Frontline Management and a Certificate in Events Management from QUT.
Margie and her husband have raised and educated their two sons in Townsville and she is looking forward to delivering more opportunities for young people in our city.
As a partner in a family-owned engineering firm that employs 30 locals, and owner of a promotion company managed by a local and employing four local residents, Margie also understands the needs and challenges of small to medium size businesses in Townsville.
Margie’s passion is looking after grassroots volunteers and volunteer community organisations.