Cr Maurie Soars
Business phone: 13 48 10
Mobile phone: 0439 849 622
- Innovation and Business Advisory Group
- Infrastructure Services
- Planning and Development
- Governance and Finance
- Townsville Breakwater Entertainment Centre Management Committee
- Volunteering NQ Inc – substitute member
Divisional Newsletter - Division 8
We respect your privacy.
- Newsletter January 2020
- Newsletter September 2019
- Newsletter October 2018 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Newsletter July 2018 (PDF, 4.1 MB)
- Newsletter November 2017 (PDF, 5.7 MB)
- Newsletter April 2017 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Newsletter September 2016 (PDF, 514.9 KB)
Divisional Boundary as at March 2020
Council divisions were reviewed by the Local Government Change Commission in 2019, with the boundary changes commencing at the March 2020 elections.
- Electoral Commission Queensland ECQ - Final Electoral Boundaries - Townsville City (effective from March 2020)
- Interactive Map - Electoral Commission Queensland (final and existing boundaries)
Maurie Soars has lived in Townsville with his wife and children for over 27 years.
He has successfully operated his own businesses with an employee profile of over 150 staff. He has managed branches for a number of national and international companies over 30 years, holding positions up to National Manager.
Maurie has a Diploma of Business Management, holds Directorships with a number of organisations, leads several other community groups and provides governance direction.
His interests outside business focus on sport and raising funds for various charities and supporting volunteers across Townsville.