Cr Maurie Soars
Business phone: 13 48 10
Mobile phone: 0439 849 622
- Community Health, Safety and Environmental Sustainability
- Infrastructure Services
- Business Services and Finance
- Townsville Breakwater Entertainment Centre Management
- Food Relief North Queensland
- North Queensland Sports Foundation
Divisional Newsletter - Division 8
We respect your privacy.
- Newsletter - December 2020
- Newsletter January 2020
- Newsletter September 2019
- Newsletter October 2018 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Newsletter July 2018 (PDF, 4.1 MB)
- Newsletter November 2017 (PDF, 5.7 MB)
- Newsletter April 2017 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Newsletter September 2016 (PDF, 514.9 KB)
Council divisions were reviewed by the Local Government Change Commission in 2019, with the boundary changes commencing at the March 2020 elections.
- Electoral Commission Queensland ECQ - Final Electoral Boundaries - Townsville City (effective from March 2020)
Maurie Soars has lived in Townsville with his wife and children for over 30 years.
He has successfully operated his own businesses with an employee profile of over 150 staff. He has managed branches for a number of national and international companies over 30 years, holding positions up to National Manager.
Maurie has a Diploma of Business Management, holds Directorships with a number of organisations, leads several other community groups and provides governance direction.
His interests outside business focus on sport and raising funds for various charities and supporting volunteers across Townsville.