Allambie Lane Road Upgrade
|Goal||1. A city that connects you to what you need at the time you choose.|
|Strategic Purpose||Improve safety and connectivity for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists along Allambie Lane.|
Townsville City Council is improving traffic safety and connectivity along Allambie Lane in Rasmussen. This upgrade, from Riverway Drive to Saltbush Boulevard, will ensure the road caters to the growing community.
Work commenced Thursday 2 June 2022 and was completed in December 2022.
- Widening the road
- Installing hard medians
- Installing turning lanes
- Installing a raised pedestrian crossing
- Installing dedicated bike lanes and concrete pathways.
During construction there will be changed traffic conditions along Allambie Lane between Riverway Drive to Beck Drive. Please follow traffic directions, plan your trip ahead and allow for extra travel time.
- Stage 1: Kerb and channel works
- Stage 2: Pavement and school carpark access works
- Stage 3: Shopping centre access works
- Stage 4: PCYC carpark access works
- Stage 5: Saltbush Boulevard intersection works
- Stage 6: Project finalisation including pavement marking and signage installation
Project Consultation Graphics
- Allambie Lane Consultation Graphics (PDF, 5.2 MB)
This $3 million project was developed with the support of the Queensland Government in association with Townsville City Council.