Apjohn Street, Magnetic Island Drainage Improvements
|Goal||4. A sustainable destination that embraces and participates in the arts, sports and events and recreational activities.|
Townsville City Council in partnership with the Commonwealth and Queensland Government is proud to deliver the Apjohn Street Drainage Improvement Works through the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
The DRFA program provides disaster relief and recovery payments and infrastructure restoration to help communities recover from the effects of a natural disaster.
Council intends to improve the stormwater drainage at Horseshoe Bay Park and along Apjohn Street. This important drainage improvement project will be delivered in stages:
- remove Ergon power poles and install underground power to the northern side of Apjohn Street
- construct an open drain on the southern side of Apjohn Street
- relocate the existing Horseshoe Bay Park multi-purpose sports court
- construct an open drain through Horseshoe Bay Park and associated fencing
- install a drainage culvert within the intersection of Horseshoe Bay Road and Apjohn Street
- excavate and reconstruct identified portions of Apjohn Street for drainage works.
Construction commenced in February 2021 and will be completed within the 2021/22 financial year.
- Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements - Project Update 5 (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements - Project Update 4 (PDF, 199.5 KB)
- Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements - Project Update 3 (PDF, 5.7 MB)
- Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements - Project Update 2 (PDF, 6.1 MB)
- Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements - Project Update 1 (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements Work Notification (PDF, 861.0 KB)
Project Consultation Graphics
- Apjohn Street Drainage Consultation Graphic (PDF, 6.5 MB)
- Horseshoe Bay Park Drainage Improvements Consultation Graphic (PDF, 5.0 MB)
Keep up-to-date with handy tips and alerts before, during and after disaster events.