Ingham Road Intersections Upgrade
Ingham Road is a sub-arterial road that services the Bohle Industrial area. Approximately 13,000 vehicles use this road each day, of which approximately 25% are commercial vehicles.
The Ingham Road Intersections Upgrade Project will cater for the increased traffic numbers, resolve traffic capacity issues and address key safety concerns throughout the industrial estates.
Everett and Weston Street intersection (Stage 1) is now complete.
Council now plans to upgrade the following intersections:
- Ingham Road/Webb Drive (2017/18 - Stage 2)
- Ingham Road/Enterprise Street (2018/19 - Stage 3).
Community consultation on the signalisation of the Ingham Road and Webb Drive intersection (Stage 2) is now closed. A finalised design is now being developed to take to construction in 2017/18.
Community consultation on the signalisation of the Ingham Road and Enterprise Street intersection (Stage 3) is now open. Feedback from the consultation will be used in developing a preliminary design, with the detailed design to be delivered in December 2017. Construction has tentatively been scheduled to begin in the second half of 2018.
Stage 3 Design requirements include:
- reconstruct the Enterprise Street intersection to include multi-lanes, traffic signals and street lighting
- incorporate four lanes into Ingham Road before and after the Enterprise Street intersection
- maintain Ingham Road and Enterprise Street as a B-double route
- modify drainage to accommodate the works
- provide for cyclists
- provide the safest possible access to business premises.
- Ingham Road Concept Layout Plan (PDF, 9.6 MB)
- Stage 3 Enterprise Street - Project Snapshot (PDF, 82.5 KB)
- Stage 3 Enterprise Street - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 78.9 KB)
Council is seeking community feedback on the proposed four lane conversion of Ingham Road, between Mathers Street and the Bruce Highway. To have your say, please call or email council to discuss the design or arrange a meeting. Please include ‘Ingham Road Intersections Upgrade’ in the subject heading of the email.
For more information about Stage 3 please contact Mary Balfour on 0408 972 536 or email email@example.com