Ingham Road Intersections Upgrade
Council has completed two upgrades and will shortly commence work on a third Ingham Road intersections to improve traffic flow and heavy vehicle safety in the Bohle Industrial Area.
State and Federal funding through the State Government Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme and the Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity Program has contributed to this project.
A Request for Tender to start Stage three works to install traffic lights and upgrade the intersection of Ingham Road and Enterprise Street is being assessed. It is anticipated work to be awarded in the first half of 2019.
Work completed to date includes:
- construction of a new dual lane roundabout at the Ingham Road, Western and Everett Streets intersection.
- an upgrade to the intersection of Ingham Road and Webb Drive with the installation of traffic lights.
Council plans to four-lane Ingham Road between the Bruce Highway and Mather Street once all three intersections are upgraded.
- 22.11.2016 – Ingham Road intersections to be upgraded
- 06.07.2016 – Budget – Budget drives good deal for road
- 17.01.2017 – Safety upgrade starts on Ingham Rd industrial area
- 27.06.2017 – 2017/18 Budget – Budget drives good deal for road spending
- Ingham Road 4-Laning Concept Plan (PDF, 9.6 MB)
- Stage 3 Enterprise Street Intersection Concept Plan (PDF, 7.9 MB)
Stakeholder engagement discussions and information sharing is ongoing throughout the project with all affected businesses.
Should you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project Management by phoning 13 48 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org