Ingham Road Intersections Upgrade
Ingham Road is a sub-arterial road that services the Bohle Industrial area. Approximately 13,000 vehicles use this road each day, of which approximately 25% are commercial vehicles.
The Ingham Road Intersections Upgrade Project will cater for the increased traffic numbers, resolve traffic capacity issues and address key safety concerns throughout the industrial estates.
Everett and Weston Street intersection (Stage 1) is now complete.
Council now plans to upgrade the following intersections:
- Ingham Road/Webb Drive (2017/18 - Stage 2)
- Ingham Road/Enterprise Street (2018/19 - Stage 3).
Community consultation on the signalisation of the Ingham Road and Webb Drive intersection (Stage 2) is now closed. A finalised design is now being developed to take to construction in 2017/18.
Community consultation on the signalisation of the Ingham Road and Enterprise Street intersection (Stage 3) is now closed. Construction has tentatively been scheduled to begin in the second half of 2018.
Stage 3 Design requirements include:
- reconstruct the Enterprise Street intersection to include multi-lanes, traffic signals and street lighting
- incorporate four lanes into Ingham Road before and after the Enterprise Street intersection
- maintain Ingham Road and Enterprise Street as a B-double route
- modify drainage to accommodate the works
- provide for cyclists
- provide the safest possible access to business premises.
- Ingham Road Staging Overlay Map (PDF, 151.9 KB)
- Ingham Road Concept Layout Plan (PDF, 9.6 MB)
- Stage 3 Enterprise Street - Project Snapshot (PDF, 82.5 KB)
- Stage 3 Enterprise Street - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 78.9 KB)
- Stage 3 Enterprise Street - Final Design (PDF, 7.5 MB)
- Stage 3 Enterprise Street - Project Update - December 2017 (PDF, 85.3 KB)