North Shore Youth Activation Hub
Townsville City Council is working with the community to plan the North Shore Youth Activation Hub (NSYAH) to bring Burdell a space for a range of active, creative and sporting facilities targeted towards young people aged 12 - 18.
The delivery of the NSYAH project will see the creation of a vibrant, multi-use space for neighbourhood children and youth to get active outdoors. This proposed facility will be located on the vacant land next to the Northern Beaches Leisure Centre, at the corner of North Shore Boulevard and Erskine Place.
NSYAH is planned to include a mix of skating facilities, shade covers and trees, street art wall, multi-sport court (basketball, cricket, football, netball), DJ mixing-table and supporting amenities in a landscaped park area.
Council will be engaging with the broader community during the current concept design process until about the end of October 2017using a number of different channels.
Concept drawings (PDF, 192.8 KB)
Stakeholder engagement discussions and information sessions will be undertaken in the coming months, we invite you to get involved through one or more of the following options:
- Complete the online survey - closes Friday 15 September 2017
- Attend a Community drop in event at Woolworths Northshore:
- Thursday 12 October 3 - 7pm
- Saturday 14 October 9am - 1pm
- Participate in Student workshop for local schools to explore and scope the design in more detail - more information coming soon
- Keep an eye on council's social media channels – Facebook and Twitter
For further information about this project, please contact council.
At this stage, construction is proposed to occur between April to September 2018.