Recycled Water Re-use Scheme
Townsville City Council is committed to delivering quality services for our community and has allocated a budget nearing $400 million to improving our infrastructure.
The Recycled Water Re-use Scheme is an important part of Council's commitment to deliver its three-point water security solution. The project will use high-quality treated wastewater from the Cleveland Bay Purification Plant. Treated water will be transported through a new network of pipes to irrigate and beautify some of Townsville's large commercial properties, schools, sporting fields and community parklands.
The water is proposed to be used at NQ Stadium, Murray Sporting Complex, Townsville Golf Course, Townsville Turf Club, Palmetum, JCU, Lavarack Barracks and schools. Parks and open spaces in the southern suburbs of the city will have the opportunity to source and use the recycled water.
Watch the video or to find out more information on the scheme, visit our Water Smart Townsville website.
Current Works Notifications
- 16.10.2019 - Recycled Water Re-use Scheme - Railway Estate (PDF, 325.5 KB)
- 31.01.20 - Oonoonba Road, Milne Street and Gorari Street, Idalia (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- 14.02.2020 - Tree trimming and removal - Corner Kokoda and Wairopi Street, Idalia (PDF, 289.8 KB)
- 25.02.20 - Kokoda Street, Idalia (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- 05.03.20 - Update - Oonoonba Road, Milne Street and Gorari Street, Idalia (PDF, 508.7 KB)
- 18.03.20 - Update - Oonoonba Road, Idalia (PDF, 508.7 KB)
- 23.04.20 - Gorari Street, Idalia (PDF, 245.6 KB)
- 07.05.20 - Oonoonba Road and Kokoda Street, Idalia (PDF, 289.5 KB)
- 12.05.20 - Resurfacing - Shannon Street, Oonoonba (PDF, 96.8 KB)
- 14.05.20 - Pathway Works - Murray Lyons Crescent, Idalia (PDF, 188.6 KB)
- 25.05.20 - Works Notification - Murray Sporting Precinct, Annandale (PDF, 302.4 KB)
- 10.06.20 - Works Notification - Footpath works - Shannon Street, Oonoonba (PDF, 275.1 KB)