Recycled Water Re-use Scheme
Townsville City Council is committed to delivering quality services for our community and has allocated a budget nearing $400 million to improving our infrastructure.
The Recycled Water Re-use Scheme is an important part of Council's commitment to deliver its three-point water security solution. The project will use high-quality treated wastewater from the Cleveland Bay Purification Plant. Treated water will be transported through a new network of pipes to irrigate and beautify some of Townsville's large commercial properties, schools, sporting fields and community parklands.
The water is proposed to be used at NQ Stadium, Murray Sporting Complex, Townsville Golf Course, Townsville Turf Club, Palmetum, JCU, Lavarack Barracks and schools. Parks and open spaces in the southern suburbs of the city will have the opportunity to source and use the recycled water.
Watch the video or to find out more information on the scheme, visit our Water Smart Townsville website.
- 16.10.2019 - Recycled Water Re-use Scheme - Railway Estate (PDF, 325.5 KB)
- 6.11.2019 - Lakeside Drive, from Oonoomba Road to Abbott Street, Idalia (PDF, 347.4 KB)
- 7.11.2019 - Murray Lyons Crescent, Annandale (PDF, 298.7 KB)
- 15.11.2019 - Sheriff Park - O’Reilly Street to Gowrie Street, Mundingburra (PDF, 298.7 KB)
- 3.12.2019 - Oonoonba Road, from Milne Street to Lakeside Drive, Idalia (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- 31.01.20 - Oonoonba Road, Milne Street and Gorari Street, Idalia (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- 05.02.20 - Snelham Street to Bowen Road, Rosslea (PDF, 192.5 KB)
- 17.02.20 - First Avenue to Second Avenue, Railway Estate (PDF, 289.8 KB)
- 25.02.20 - Kokoda Street, Idalia (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- 05.03.20 - Update - Oonoonba Road, Milne Street and Gorari Street, Idalia (PDF, 508.7 KB)
- 18.03.20 - Update - Oonoonba Road, Idalia (PDF, 508.7 KB)