Southern Suburbs Rising Main Project
The Southern Suburbs Rising Main will help reduce pressure on the sewerage network and cater for future growth in the area.
The Stage 2 works will link a recently constructed pump station at Yolanda Drive, Annandale by installing an 11.15km pipeline will run mainly in existing drainage and road reserves through Annandale, Idalia and Oonoonba before crossing the Townsville State Development Area to Cleveland Bay.
- 03.10.2019 - Two-way traffic flows down Cypress Drive
- 30.07.2019 - Glendale Drive closes for Southern corridor pipeline works
- 14.06.2019 - Southern Suburbs Rising Main pumping out local jobs
- 08.03.2019 - Southern Suburbs Rising Main contract treating economy to 20 local jobs
- Project Briefing paper (PDF, 266.9 KB)
- Project Information (PDF, 960.9 KB)
- 06.09.2019 - Works Notification - Final works notification (PDF, 313.2 KB)
- 02.10.2019 - Works Notification - Cypress Drive - Annandale (PDF, 115.4 KB)
Project Work Region Maps
Maps showing the work zones for project activity are listed below.
- Zone 1 - Annandale (Yolanda Drive to Annandale Drive)
- Zone 2 - Annandale (Annandale Drive to Murray Lyons Crescent)
- Zone 3 - Idalia (Stuart Drive to Lakeside Drive)
- Zone 4 - Idalia/Oonoonba (Oonoonba Road/Lakeside Drive to Shannon Street)
- Zone 5 - Stuart (Ron McLean Drive)
- Zone 6 - Stuart (Cleveland Bay Road)
- Overall Project map