Southern Suburbs Rising Main Project
New sewer infrastructure is being installed to support growth in the southern suburbs of Townsville growing major infrastructure needs to grow too.
The Stage 2 works will link a recently constructed pump station at Yolanda Drive, Annandale by installing an 11.15km pipeline will run mainly in existing drainage and road reserves through Annandale, Idalia and Oonoonba before crossing the Townsville State Development Area to Cleveland Bay.
Construction is expected to start in March 2017 and is anticipated to take 18 months. Maps of the project footprint and specific work zones are listed below.
- Project Briefing paper (PDF, 266.9 KB)
- Project Update - December 2016 (PDF, 746.3 KB)
- Project Update - June 2015 (PDF, 960.9 KB)
- Sewer Main fact sheet ( PDF, 1.5 MB)
Stakeholder and community engagement discussions and information sharing is underway and is ongoing throughout the work program with utility and transport infrastructure providers, business, residents, body corporates, regulatory agencies, schools, sporting clubs and internal Council service providers.
Project Work Region Maps
Maps showing the work zones for project activity are listed below.
- Zone 1 - Annandale (Yolanda Drive to Annandale Drive)
- Zone 2 - Annandale (Annandale Drive to Murray Lyons Crescent)
- Zone 3 - Idalia (Stuart Drive to Lakeside Drive)
- Zone 4 - Idalia/Oonoonba (Oonoonba Road/Lakeside Drive to Shannon Street)
- Zone 5 - Stuart (Ron McLean Drive)
- Zone 6 - Stuart (Cleveland Bay Road)
- Overall Project map