Services & Publications
The types of requests received by the CIC are many and varied. They cover a diversity of issues, including employment services, tenancy rights, family and individual crisis referral, recreational activities, disability access and services, and new residents information.
We provide a range of services and publications for the local community and visitors including:
- Free information and referral service via telephone, email and Facebook as well as face-to-face in our customer service centre. Contact us for any information that you have difficulty finding.
- A Community Directory database which contains a wealth of services and activities available in Townsville.
- The Events Calendar database can help you to find out what's happening in town.
- Submit your event on the Events Calendar.
- Subscribe to the Townsville Arts E-bulletin.
- Browse our large collection of brochures on display.
- Check out our publications and customised directories below.
- Photocopying and fax service for a small fee.
- Special search facilities.
- Community window display space available to promote your event or organisation.
- Community Noticeboard.
- Learning Links program in partnership with CityLibraries.
CIC Promotional Flyer
Have a look at the Community Information Centre Flyer. If you would like some hard copies of the flyer for display contact the CIC or print them as required. With thanks to funding from a Townsville City Council Community Micro-Grant, this flyer is available in the following languages:
The Community Information Centre produces a number of publications for the local community and visitors.
|Townsville Community Resource Directory|
A publication including over 1000 organisations. Chapters covering services for the aged, people with disabilities, women, men, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, children and young people, families, emergency services, employment-related services, education, health, support groups and more. A must for community workers and government organisations who need to refer their clients to appropriate agencies. ($27.50 GST inclusive, with concession $20 GST inclusive).
|Townsville Recreation Directory|
Nothing to do? A glance through the 800 recreation clubs in this book will make you spoilt for choice. From aerobics to ice hockey, from service to social clubs, from archery to rowing, from Irish dance to drama, this book has it all. ($10 GST inclusive).
|NQ Arts Directory|
The NQ Arts Directory aims to connect and promote creative practitioners, arts-based businesses and organisations in Palm Island, Hinchinbrook, Townsville, Burdekin and Charters Towers and will provide greater access to, and more opportunities for collaboration and communication between NQ creative arts professionals.
|Monthly Arts E-Bulletins|
A free monthly e-Bulletin about the Arts and Cultural community in the Townsville region. Check out workshops, concerts, exhibitions, opportunities, grants and scholarships and much more.
Email us to be added to the subscription list.
|Halls and Venues Guide|
A booklet containing details of 120 halls and venues, including size, facilities and equipment.
Available to download or for purchase as a hard copy ($6 GST inclusive).
|New Residents Packs||A custom made package containing useful information for those planning to move to Townsville or who have recently arrived. The packs are available at the Community Information Centre.|
|Townsville Mental Health Services Directory|
This directory is intended to enable users to easily locate and connect with Mental Health Services in Townsville.
A tailor made information sheet containing useful local telephone numbers.
Download Useful Numbers (PDF)
|Seniors Useful Numbers and Active Living For Older Adults|
A tailor made information sheet containing useful local telephone numbers specifically for seniors. Now also contains a selection of physical and social activities for older adults.
|Useful Contacts - Disasters|
A tailor made information sheet containing useful local telephone numbers that you might need in the event of a disaster.
A tailor made information flyer containing details of playgroups in Townsville.
|Community Support Services Booklet||A booklet containing contact information for various Community Support Services, including Accommodation, Budgeting, Domestic Violence, Emergency Relief, Counselling, Legal Advice/Advocacy, Neighbourhood Support, Seniors and Victims of Crime Support.|
Strategic Plan 2017-2021
This Strategic Plan will take the CIC through until mid-2021 and will guide the organisation forward into the future while continuing its strong reputation for achieving its vision of an informed community.
- Download the CIC's Strategic Plan 2017-2021 (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Download the CIC's Strategic Plan 2014-2017 (PDF, 467.8 KB)
- Download the CIC's Strategic Plan 2012-2014 (PDF, 429.0 KB)
- Download the CIC's Strategic Plan Report August 2012 - June 2013 (PDF, 339.7 KB)
- Download the CIC's Strategic Plan Report July 2013 - June 2014 (PDF, 551.9 KB)
Level 1 Northtown
280 Flinders Street, Townsville CBD
PO Box 1314
Townsville QLD 4810
Opening hours: 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday (Closed Public Holidays)
Telephone: (07) 4771 4230
Fax: (07) 4771 4271
Facebook - Community Information Centre Townsville
The CIC takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the information it provides. However, information frequently changes and errors do occur. Please contact the CIC if you detect any errors or omissions. The CIC denies any liability for any damages resulting to any individuals or groups or organisations resulting from errors, omissions or other mistakes.