Pulse Townsville Grants Program
The Pulse Townsville Grants Program aims to showcase Townsville's unique culture and promote the city as a great place to live, work, play, visit and invest. Council is offering funding for innovative and creative ideas to get our city's heart pumping and make our streets and public spaces pulse through the creation of vibrant spaces and places.
The Pulse Townsville Grants are an opportunity for businesses, community groups, innovators, trendsetters and entrepreneurs to receive funding to assist with new projects and ideas that encourage visitation to the city and ignite the city heart.
The objectives of the Community Grants and Sponsorships Scheme are to:
- contribute towards community wellbeing for the residents of Townsville
- support major festivals, community events and celebrations which showcase Townsville’s talent and enhance community identity and pride and bring economic and tourism opportunities to the region
- encourage opportunities for participation in community life by the diverse range of groups which comprise Townsville’s community
- develop high quality and multi-use sporting, cultural and community infrastructure
- encourage achievement, and support the skill development of individuals and community organisations, in sport, cultural and community activities
- support community based organisations and corporate identities (and voluntary contributions) in the provision of sporting, recreational, cultural and community activities
- strengthen links with community organisations, businesses and other spheres of government, in areas of mutual interest, and
- enhance sustainability and planned economic development.
Eligibility Criteria - Who Can Apply?
There are individual criteria for each grant program. In general, to be eligible, entrants must be:
- located and/or primarily providing services within the Townsville local government area
- a not-for-profit, properly constituted incorporated body (or sponsored by such a body) or a corporate entity (for Partnerships and Sponsorships Program only)
- able to demonstrate financial viability
- able to demonstrate appropriate management structure to effectively manage financial and accounting requirements,
- free of debt to Townsville City Council.
Who cannot apply?
- Government agencies or departments of local, state or federal government
- Educational, religious or medical organisations, where the application is for the organisations' core business
- Ongoing - Apply anytime
- One off grants up to $5,000 subject to the availability of funding
- Pulse Townsville Grants Program PDF (4.64MB)
How to apply
All applications for Pulse Townsville Grants can be made online.
Fill out this form to apply online for the Pulse Townsville Grant.
Pulse Townsville Grants Program Acquittal Form
Townsville City Council requires that all recipients of Community Grants must complete an Acquittal within twenty eight (28) days, unless otherwise advised, of the completion of the project. An Acquittal form must be completed for all Pulse Townsville Grants.