Summer Reading Club
Summer Reading Club registrations for 2019/2020 are now open!
Register by visiting the Official Summer Reading Club registration page.
Find out more by downloading the Summer Reading Club postcard
Read and be Challenged!
- Read books, magazines, graphic novels, comics or listen to audio books these school holidays.
- Read 5 books and receive a FREE book for your own personal library at home and your invitation to an exclusive Summer Reading Club party.
- Read 25 or more books and be awarded your final prize at the Summer Reading Club Finale at Sk8Way Townsville on 23 January.
Join the club, join the challenge – 40 days in 40 ways
- Create your own avatar! For every book you log, you earn points to upgrade styles for your avatar.
- We have 40 challenges to complete to help you with your reading experience over the holidays.
Want more fun?
What’s your reader type? Download our reader type posters to find out what sort of reader you are and to get some tips on great books to read!
To see what other awesome adventures are happening in Townsville over the summer school holidays, download a copy of the Summer Edition of the School Holiday Guide.
There are plenty of activities online to keep you inspired throughout the holidays, with great prizes up for grabs at the Australian Summer Reading Club website.
Still curious as to why you should join?
Well, let us tell you
- It’s fun, interactive and gives boredom the boot.
- You can read, write, create and use technology – all essential skills you need in the world today.
- Reading during the school holidays will help maintain your reading levels which can help make learning easier when you go back to school.
- Your teacher will love you for it!
- Summer Reading Club Finale
What are you waiting for? It’s time to get curious, and discover a good book!
Are there different levels for different ages?
There are three levels within the club.
- Pre-school – Children aged 0 - 4 years (parents can read their books to them)
- Primary – Children aged 5 - 11 years (independent readers, parents can also read books to them)
- Secondary – Children aged 12 - 16 (independent readers)
Do I need to be a member of the CityLibraries?
No, you do not need to be a member of CityLibraries Townsville to join the Club. However, if you are, you can borrow even more stories to go towards your reading total. When you visit your local CityLibraries Townsville branch to pick up your Summer Reading Club Pack, ask one of our friendly staff how to become a member. It’s FREE.