Make Your Move in May
Council is encouraging the community to embrace active travel throughout the month of May. Active Transport is a great way to fit physical activity in your daily life and is good for your health, wallet, mind and the environment! It could be as simple as walking or cycling for part or all of your journey.
Make Your Move In May for a chance to win great weekly prizes including:
- Weeks 1-3: $100 Intersport gift card each week
- Week 4: Jabra Elite Active 7 In-ear Headphones (valued at $279)
- MAJOR PRIZE*: Brand new bike (valued at $850)
The first 100 people to register will receive an Active Travel Pack - including drawstring backpack, high-vis snap band, clip on sunscreen and more!
- Register to Make Your Move In May
- Take a video/photo and show us how you are embracing active travel!
- Upload your video/photo via Woobox for a chance to win weekly prizes – enter as many times as you like!
For your chance to win the major prize:
- Download the active travel calendar
- Update the calendar each time you embrace active travel in May
- Submit your calendar via Woobox by 5pm, Sunday 5 June 2022.
View the Terms and Conditions (PDF)
What is active travel?
Active travel is any mode of transport involving physical activity. It could be as simple as walking or cycling for part or all of your journey. It’s a great way to fit physical activity into your daily life by simply leaving the car at home!
Discover somewhere new, catch up with friends or enjoy some me-time on the way to work – there are plenty of ways to incorporate active travel into your day.
Where can I actively travel?
Townsville has an extensive network of active travel routes across the city.
Check out the Active Travel Guide for more information on routes including maps.
Planning your trip
Mobility in Townsville
Townsville City Council recognises that creating an accessible city is a key factor in improving the lives of residents and visitors.
BrioMetrix Mobility in Townsville Map provides an accessible effort rating system to support navigation planning for when you visit places within our city. This information is relevant to the elderly, frail and walkers, as well as users of wheelchairs, strollers and mobility scooters, anyone with wheels on pathways or mobility consideration needs.