Untidy Premises

An untidy allotment is any land, house or other premises determined by an authorised council officer to be in an unclean, untidy or unsightly condition. To have thereon building materials, other materials, objects or things or to have scattered about disused or waste materials, debris, scrap, rubbish, filth, refuse, unwholesome matter or offensive matter.

  • What do I do if I have a concern?
    • Contact council to lodge a complaint. Your name and address will be required together with the location of the offending property. Personal details are of a confidential nature.
  • What action does council take?
    • An inspection is conducted to determine the extent of the breach. If the complaint is justified a Statutory Notice is served on the owner requiring such person to carry out such works to reinstate the property to the inspecting officer's satisfaction.
  • What happens in the event of non compliance?
    • Should the owner not undertake the required works within the specified period stipulated in the Statutory Notice, council's contractor will be commissioned to enter upon the property and complete the works. Costs incurred in this eventuality will become a first charge upon the land.
  • What happens if I receive a Notice?
    • You will be required to carry out all work as may be required to ensure there is no longer a cyclone hazard within a specified time period.


For more information, please phone 13 48 10 or contact Environmental Health Services.