Tip vouchers will no longer be included with your rates notice. Current vouchers will be honoured until the expiry date on the voucher.
- What do my remaining vouchers entitle me to?
You can dispose of domestic waste (green waste is free so no tip vouchers required) at any of the city's waste facilities. Each voucher is equal to a car boot, utility tray, a small trailer or four wheelie bins.Providing you present your tip voucher(s), you will be eligible to dispose of your waste free of charge.
- Is there anything I can't use my vouchers for?
- Vouchers cannot be used for the disposal of tyres, car bodies, asbestos, regulated or 'special waste' and commercial waste.
- These items will be charged at the relevant disposal rate.
- Where can I use my vouchers?
The vouchers can be presented at any of Townsville's waste disposal facilities during opening hours. Find the facilities and opening hours here.
- How do I use my tip vouchers?
- Present your voucher at the gatehouse. An officer will assess your load and tell you how many vouchers are required.
- Can I use more than one voucher at a time?
Yes. A different number of vouchers is required for various sized loads.
One voucher: Car boot, station wagon, utility, small trailer, up to four wheelie bins.
Two vouchers: Van, long trailer, long utility, station wagon and trailer, utility and trailer.
Three vouchers: Van and trailer, long utility and trailer.
The gatehouse operator will confirm how many vouchers are required.
Please note: No change is available for part loads.
- What if I don't have enough vouchers for my load?
- Vouchers can be used as part payment, and you can pay the remainder at the gatehouse.
- How long are the vouchers valid for?
- Vouchers operate on an annual cycle, ending on 30 September each year. Check your vouchers for the expiry date.
- Can I cash in any unused vouchers?
- No. Because vouchers do not have an inherent 'cash value', they cannot be redeemed or used as a form of payment for other council services.
- Can I use non-original vouchers (photocopied, printed etc)?
- No, only original vouchers issued with your rates notice will be accepted.