Parer Studio. Ephemera 2021 Invited Artist
Photographer: Andrew Rankin
#intrude, #parerstudio, #amandaparer
Outdoor exhibition dates
22 July – 6 August 2023
Ephemera: Seaside Sculptures 2023
Ephemera: Seaside Sculptures is returning to Townsville’s premier foreshore with more than 30 new artworks from Australia, Canada and the United States.
The internationally recognised biennial competition has been running for 22 years and will include 6 non-competitive invited artists and 25 competitive artists who will exhibit their sculptural works along The Strand. Competitive artists will be vying for the $1,000 People’s Choice Award, the $10,000 Artistic Excellence Award and the $90,000 Ephemera Acquisitive Prize.
Ephemera: Seaside Sculptures runs from 22 July to 6 August this year.
- Alexandra Haeseker – WINGSPAN
- Art forARTsake – Who let the dogs out?
- Board Broads – Circle of Life…Savers
- Canaipa Connections – CORE
- Carla Gottgens – Riot
- Chainsaw Newton – Uprooted
- Chalk River Labs – Night Parrots
- Cranky Curlew Productions – Their second wind
- FullARTon and Chard – A Day at the Beach in the 60s
- Gala Jane – Waiting
- Ghost Net Collective – Spiral
- Heatley State School – We Walk Together
- India Collins – Jellyfish Journey
- Jan Hynes – The Museum of Extinct Animals for Children
- Lillian Del Papa – Dancing lamps
- Lois Creed –The Golden Wheels
- MealieArt – REEFlection
- parthenopi – cookie
- Peter Voice – Pas De Trois
- Robert Guenther – Entwine
- Southern Cross Catholic College – The North Queensland Parade
- Squeak and Bubble – Terra Techni-Tropicus
- The Artist Trebor – Sea Jellies
- The Beautiful and Useful Studio – Ocean Garden
- Tree & Leaf – Scarewood 2 – The Saplings
- Five Townsville Secondary Schools with Cassie Robinson - Ephemera Symphony of frogs
- Lifestyle groups with Chontelle Gilles - Whispering Vines
- Sandstorm Events Pty Ltd - Dichotomy
- The Glue Society - Fountain of Youth
- Tom Fruin - Street Ministry House
- Townsville Primary Schools with Erin Ricardo and John Bradshaw - Ephemera Billabong
Council continually looks at innovative ways to partner with our community and corporate sectors to help deliver initiatives like Ephemera that benefit our residents and our city.
Ephemera: Seaside Sculptures 2023 offers local businesses and organisations the opportunity to sponsor an array of initiatives and promote their brand through a variety of marketing strategies.
If you would like to know more about Ephemera 2023 sponsorship options and benefits, download the Sponsorship Proposal and contact Perc Tucker Regional Galley before Monday, 1 May 2023.