Get Active Clubs
Get Active Clubs program provides our sporting clubs with a professionally managed club development and support program. This program allows sporting clubs, no matter their size, to have professional assistance in everything from starting a club to managing a club successfully.
The Get Active Clubs program assists and empowers clubs to:
- Increase levels of participation in their sport
- Be well managed and governed
- Achieve good practice and minimum operating standards
- Develop an environment that will promote growth and development
- Provide an atmosphere and culture that is attractive to current and future club members
Our Get Active Clubs workshops are back in 2021 and we look forward to meeting, sharing and collaborating with all our local sporting clubs and associations.
|Thursday 28 October 2021||What makes a strong, smart, resilient athlete?||Completed|
|Thursday 26 May 2022||Event Planning and Management Webinar||Register now!|
|June 2022||Funding your club||TBA|
|July 2022||Maintaining your facility||TBA|
Further information will be released in the lead up to each workshop through our Get Active Blast. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Get Active Clubs program is all about information sharing and sustaining self-sufficient community clubs. Registration to the Get Active Clubs program enables access to range of resources, information and additional council support.
The information collected for registration will only be used by council to:
- Assist in service delivery/consultation
- Send you relevant Council material
- Update clubs with information relating to Sport and Recreation events and activities
- Update clubs with information about grant opportunities
To register for the Get Active Clubs program fill out the Registration form.
Watch our promo video
We are currently working on a new Members Portal that will include:
- New registration process
- Access to factsheets, templates and more at your fingertips
- Regular updates and information
- Get active chats, workshops and networking opportunities
- The ability share achievements of clubs
Watch this space!
Get Active Grants Program
Council recognises the tremendous work and contribution that community organisation make in our communities. Support is available and applications are welcome to help continue and enhance the impact community organisations are already having in the local Townsville area .
To find out how your initiative can align to the Townsville City Grants and Partnerships program please visit Council’s Grants and Partnerships page.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss any sport and recreation initiatives and or projects, please contact your local Sport & Recreation Officer.
Phone: 13 48 10