Council has implemented a helpdesk to assist the community in related questions and information on COVID-19. This helpdesk will be operational from Monday 30 March 2020.
The team is ready to chat and support you to find the right information from the right government authority regarding all things COVID-19 related.
Call 4727 9666 Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
Customer Service Centre
8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday; (Closed Public Holidays)
Payments accepted in cash, card, cheque, or money order. No cash can be given on debit cards or cheques.
Customer Service Point
9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday; (Closed Public Holidays)
Note: The CityLibraries location are card only no cash.
Accepted credit cards include Visa and MasterCard. A payment processing fee (0.5% of the payment amount) applies to credit card payments.
PO Box 1268
* Extension of Customer Contact Hours (13 48 10 & Click to Chat)
Monday 9 March - Friday 17 April, 2020
Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday *
13 48 10 - Business hours
Please note: Council's old phone number 1300 878 001 is no longer in use.
07 4727 9050
Click to chat (during business hours only) *
* You can also call (07) 4727 9000 during business hours to reach the Customer Service Centre, however we cannot guarantee the availability of this number during emergency events.
Customer Service Charter
We commit to provide you with:
- Prompt and efficient services
- Easy access to our services
- Friendly, professional service
- Accurate and consistent information
View our Customer Service Charter and Standards for more information on our Charter and Customer Service Standards for Townsville Water and Waste.
- Customer Service Standards (PDF, 819.7 KB)
- Customer Service Charter (PDF, 74.9 KB)
- Townsville Water Customer Service Standards (PDF, 477.9 KB)
- Townsville Waste Customer Service Standards (PDF, 473.8 KB)
Translation and Interpretive Services
If you require a translating or interpreting service, please call 131450.
For more information about translating and interpreting services, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.