Riverway Stadium has been home to AFL and cricket matches at local, regional, state, and national levels.
- Australian Football League (AFL) and cricket oval
- 1,000-seat grandstand and supporting facilities
- Riverway Oval
- Cricket practice nets
Supporting facilities in the two storey grandstand include:
- Change rooms (lower level)
- AFL Townsville development office (lower level)
- Meeting Rooms (upper and lower levels)
- Medical and Drug Testing facilities
- AFL, cricket and corporate lounge with club administration (upper level)
- Amenities (upper and lower levels)
- Kitchen (upper level)
- Stadium Administration (upper level)
- Home of the Thuringowa Bulldogs
- Home of Queensland AFL
Our Function Room is located on Level 1 and is equipped with an operational bar, audio and visual equipment and views across the Riverway Lagoons, Parkways and Oval.
The room is available for various functions and events including conferences, training seminars, weddings, birthdays, trade shows and more.
For bookings or more information please call 13 48 10.
Council has an approved panel of caters that can be used across all council run Sports Facilities.
- Catering Panel
- Chef on Call
- Cuisine to Go
- Magnums Catering
- Roux Blond
- Thuringowa Bulldogs AFL Club
Conditions of Entry
Entry to the Stadium is subject to the following conditions:
- Any items which are regarded as dangerous or offensive are prohibited and will be confiscated.
- No alcohol may be brought into the stadium. Consumption of alcohol if prohibited in all parts of the ground except in designated areas.
- Patrons' persons, bags and eskies may be searched.
- Patrons who refuse inspection may be denied entry.
- Eskies, prams, pushers, bags and all other belongings must be able to fit under grandstand seats.
- Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the stadium except in designated areas.
- Umbrellas must not be raised during play.
- Deliveries from outside caterers will not be allowed into the Stadium.
- Portable or fold-up chairs are permitted. Blankets, picnic rugs are permitted.
- Only plain-packaged food and drinks in plastic containers are allowed. No branded products. No glass or metal containers or bottles.