Libraries Collection Notice
Townsville City Council (Council, we, our, us) collects and manages personal information in the course of performing its activities, functions and duties. We respect the privacy of the personal information held by us. The way in which Council manages personal information is governed by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (the Act).
We are collecting your personal information in accordance with Libraries Act 1988 and Local Government Act 2009 for the purposes of:
- Issuing library membership cards and library notices
- Processing library membership applications and maintaining membership records
- Customer protection and asset management
- Emergency contact with individuals
- Answering queries
- Public safety and incident recording
- Targeted communication of library resources, competitions and services
By completing and signing this form and returning it to Council, we will consider that you have given us your consent to manage your personal information in the manner described in this collection notice and the above documents.
You can opt out of receiving material at any time by:
- contacting us on 4773 8811; or
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we do not hear from you, we will consider that you have consented to receiving further communications from us.