History & Heritage
Townsville has a rich cultural history and a great deal of heritage listed buildings.
Heritage and cemetery walks
Download our Heritage and Cemetery walks brochures for self-guided tours around Townsville. A perfect way to see the city and learn about its rich history, architecture and people.
- Trail 1 - Civic pride (PDF 1.1MB)
- Trail 2 - Early Townsville (PDF 1.1MB)
- Trail 3 - South Townsville and port (PDF 1.2MB)
- West End Cemetery Trails 1 - Life, death and memorialisation in early Townsville (PDF 1.5MB)
- West End Cemetery Trails 2 - Townsville women (PDF 1.7MB)
- West End Cemetery Trails 3 - Publican's trail (PDF 1.6MB)
T150 Walking Tour - Townsville`s History
Would you like a guided hour's stroll through central Townsville hearing about the city's history and seeing the traces left in the modern street-scape?
The Community Information Centre is conducting free walking tours on Wednesday's and Fridays from April to August on request. Tours are free but bookings are essential.
For more information contact the Community Information Centre on 4771 4230 or visit them at Level 1 Northtown, 280 Flinders Street, Townsville CBD.