Kerbside is back with a NEW booking system!
This improved service means that you can now book a collection when you need it. Each property is entitled to one collection per financial year.
Booking is easy!
- Submit a booking enquiry below.
- We will contact you to arrange your collection.
- Place your waste out by 6am on your collection day (but no more than two days prior).
Plus - don’t forget that domestic green waste and recycling disposal is free year-round at all Council waste facilities!
How much waste can I place out for collection?
Up to 2 cubic metres of hard waste can be placed on your kerb for collection. Place your waste out by 6am on your collection day (but no more than two days prior).
What we WILL collect
- White goods
- Fridges and freezers (must have the doors removed for safety purposes)
- Hot water systems
- Mattresses (limit of 2 per property)
- Electronic waste
- Toys, bicycles and sporting goods
- Tin and scrap iron up to 2 metres in length
- Wood products.
What we WILL NOT collect
- Vegetation and green waste
- Bricks and concrete
- Commercial and builders waste
- Car parts and tyres
- Liquids including paint and oil
- Hazardous waste (e.g. chemicals, oil, asbestos)
- Gas bottles
- Glass and mirrors
- Household waste that normally goes in your refuse or recycling bin
- Other items that may present a risk to safety.
Don't let good stuff go to waste!
Do you have unwanted items that are too good to throw away? They might be useful to someone else! Here are some ways to keep items out of landfill:
Hold a garage sale: Garage sales are a great way to get rid of unwanted items and connect with your local community.
Donate to an op shop or Council's tip shops: Some organisations will collect items from your home, while others have drop-off points.
Sell or give away your items online: Post your items on sites like Gumtree or a Facebook buy, swap, sell group.
Cancelling a booking
If you need to cancel a kerbside collection booking, let us know by calling 13 48 10 no later than two days before your collection date.
If cancellation is not received within this time, it will be counted as a collection for your property.
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Keep up-to-date with handy tips and alerts before, during and after disaster events.