Kerbside Collection

Kerbside is coming soon – an improved service which will see residents able to book in their collection day.

Townsville City Council will adopt a new booking system for its popular kerbside collection program in 2020.

The booking system will replace the suburb-by-suburb approach of the past and is expected to reduce cluttered footpaths, minimise illegal dumping and relieve pressure on Council waste facilities.

More information will be available in the coming weeks.

Over 24,400 households participated and over 2,800 tonnes of waste was collected during the 2019 Kerbside Collection service. Don’t forget that domestic green waste and recycling is free to dispose all year round!

View our transfer station and landfill page for locations and opening hours.