Mayor Jenny Hill has handed down her Budget for the 2019-20 period.
The Townsville City Council 2019/20 Operational Plan and Budget was adopted at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday 25 June 2019.
- 2019/20 Budget - Budget to deliver minimal 2 percent rate rise
- 2019/20 Budget - More than 2,800 jobs forecast from $409.1m infrastructure spend
- 2019/20 Budget - Works for Queensland funding helping to make a splash at Riverway
- 2019/20 Budget - Council investing over $15 million on major events and the arts
- 2019/20 Budget - Council keeping Townsville moving through transport infrastructure spend
- 2019/20 Budget - Further support provided to monsoon-affected ratepayers
- 2019/20 Budget - Reforms and removing red tape save ratepayers $38 million
- 2019/20 Budget - Townsville 2020 Masterplan coming into sharp focus
- 2019/20 Budget - Water security projects flowing in Council Budget
- 2019/20 Budget - Community safety top priority in 2019/20 Budget
Water Conservation Measures
The new system of three days a week on an odds/evens system from dusk to dawn (5pm – 8am) will provide people with greater flexibility.