Council and NQ Cowboys partnership a win for the community
Date published: 29 August 2017
Townsville City Council has teamed up with the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys to help sporting and community groups to grow.
The Cowboys Merchandise Competition is a council initiative that provides successful applicants with signed Cowboys jerseys that can be used as fundraising for their club or group.
This year council has chosen 13 local groups at random, as the winners.
Community and Cultural Development Committee member Cr Russ Cook said it was great to see council and the Cowboys working together to support the community.
“This strong ongoing partnership with the NQ Toyota Cowboys offers benefits at a grassroots level for sporting and community groups providing them with signed merchandise that is very much in demand in the community,” Cr Cook said.
“The Cowboys Merchandise Competition is just one component of our funding agreement with the Cowboys and the community is the big winner.
“Everyone holds the Cowboys in very high esteem and their merchandise, especially autographed, is highly valued.
“We’ve had a great level of interest in this program and we hope to see it continue for years to come.”
One captain-signed football and one NQ Toyota Cowboys Jersey signed by the 2017 team valued at $1300.
Winner: North Queensland Cricket Association Inc
One NQ Toyota Cowboys jersey signed by the 2017 team valued at $1000
* Aitkenvale Stingers Swim Club Inc
* Alzheimers Australia (Qld) Limited
* Angel-Paws Inc
* Canine Obedience Club of Townsville
* Daigaku Judo Club Townsville Inc
* Northern Beaches United Football Club Inc
* NQ Phoenix Dragon Boat Club Inc
* The Sporting Wheelies and Disabled, Sport and Recreation Association of Queensland Inc
* Townsville BMX Club Inc
* Townsville Citizens Band Association Inc
* Townsville Road Runners Club Inc
* Townsville Warriors Football Club Inc