Grants offer financial support to community
Date published: 24 July 2017
Townsville City Council is encouraging community groups and individuals seeking financial assistance through sponsorship to apply for the next round of funding which opened today.
Applications are through the Community Grants program with funding available for:
Community Capacity Building Grants
- Partnerships and Sponsorships
- Community Organisation Support
- Community Cultural Awareness
Sport and Recreation Grants
- Club Capacity Building Grants
Festivals and Events Grants
- Regional Arts Development Fund
- Community Heritage Grants
In addition to these, applicants are able to apply at any time for:
- Community Micro Grants
- Mayor’s Community Assistance Fund
- Waiver of Council Venue and Park Hire Fees (Townsville City Council Facilities)
- Elite Sportsperson Grants (individual and team)
- Pulse Townsville Grants
Community and Cultural Development Committee chair Cr Colleen Doyle said the funding could go a long way to assisting groups to achieve their goals.
“Past recipients of the grants have included the Black River Pony & Hack Club for their coaching clinic, Umbrella Studio for their 30 years publication and the Townsville Chinese Club for the 2017 Townsville Chinese New Year Festival.
“There are so many possibilities and I encourage the community to apply and see how council is able to assist.”
Applications can be made online at www.townsville.qld.gov.au and close 5pm (AEST) Friday, September 15.
For more information or to apply visit council’s grants and funding pages on the website or phone council’s Grants Officer on 13 48 10.