Council welcomes leadership staff as part of restructure
Date published: 10 March 2017
The push for a more productive, customer-focused Townsville City Council continues with a number of the key leadership team joining the ranks in recent weeks.
The appointments have been made in line with an independent review into the structure and focus of council late last year designed to improve council operations, cut red tape, boost local economic development and improve customer focus.
CEO Adele Young said the calibre of applicants reflected the interest in a transformed Townsville City Council.
“The leadership team is starting to really take shape with a number of staff members joining council over the past few weeks in line with our commitment to the residents of Townsville for a simpler, faster and better Townsville City Council,” Ms Young said.
Newly appointed staff members are:
- Colin Jennings, General Manager of Maintenance Planning and Operations
- Stacey Coburn, General Manager People and Culture
- Mark Elder, Organisational Development Specialist
- Tom Hegarty, Senior Project Manager – Transformation
- Graeme Finlayson, Chief Legal Officer
- Michael Schuman, Chief Information Officer
- James Ruprai, General Manager of Planning
- Teresa Stratton, Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Inga Davis, Economic Activation: City Deals
- Scott Moorhead, General Manager Water and Waste
- Meg Frisby, Head of Office to the Mayor
- Sarah Kendall, Executive Officer to the Mayor
- Richard Holliday, Senior Executive Officer to the CEO
- Lesley Cameron, General Manager Development Services
Council has also appointed Wayne Preedy to the position of Team Manager Emergency Management and Juliana Tiong as Chief Procurement Officer both will commence in the coming month.