Riverway Stadium has been home to local, regional, state, and national AFL and cricket matches. The stadium is a unique venue for meetings, functions or special events. With large modern function facilities overlooking the picturesque grounds of Riverway, incorporating audio/ visual equipment, multiple break out rooms, a licensed bar and a fabulous catering panel, anything is possible.
- Australian Football League (AFL) and cricket oval
- 1,015-seat grandstand and supporting facilities
- Riverway Oval
- Cricket practice nets
Supporting facilities in the two storey grandstand include:
- Team & Umpire Change rooms (lower level)
- AFL Townsville development office (lower level) Is actually upper level
- Meeting Rooms (upper and lower levels)
- Medical and Drug Testing facilities lower level
- AFL, cricket and corporate lounge with club administration (upper level)
- Amenities (upper and lower levels)
- Open air terrace upper level
- Kitchen (upper level)
- Canteen/Bar lower level
- Stadium Administration (upper level)
- Home of the Thuringowa Bulldogs
- Home of Queensland AFL
- Home of Suburban Parks Cricket Club
- Home of Queensland Cricket (Townsville Branch)
- 10m x 6m LED Screen Scoreboard in main Oval
- 1.8m x 2.0m LED Screen Scoreboard on Riverway Oval (outside oval)
- 346 Parking spaces on whole of site. 10 spaces directly in front of stadium
- 13 Disability parking spaces on whole of site. 3 spaces directly in front of stadium
Our Function Room is located on Level 1 and is equipped with an operational bar, audio and visual equipment and views across the Riverway Lagoons, Parkways and Oval.
The room is available for various functions and events including conferences, training seminars, weddings, birthdays, trade shows and more.
For bookings or more information please call 13 48 10.
Council has an approved panel of caters that can be used across all council run Sports Facilities.
- Cuisine to Go
- Essentially Fresh
- Magnums Catering
- Michels Catering
- Feel Good Foodies
- Thuringowa Bulldogs AFL Club
Conditions of Entry
Entry to the Stadium is subject to the following conditions:
- Any items which are regarded as dangerous or offensive are prohibited and will be confiscated.
- No alcohol may be brought into the stadium. Consumption of alcohol if prohibited in all parts of the ground except in designated areas.
- Patrons' persons, bags and eskies may be searched.
- Patrons who refuse inspection may be denied entry.
- Eskies, prams, pushers, bags and all other belongings must be able to fit under grandstand seats.
- Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the stadium except in designated areas.
- Umbrellas must not be raised during play.
- Deliveries from outside caterers will not be allowed into the Stadium.
- Portable or fold-up chairs are permitted. Blankets, picnic rugs are permitted.
- Only plain-packaged food and drinks in plastic containers are allowed. No branded products. No glass or metal containers or bottles.