Changes to the way we manage your waste
How we're improving the way we manage your waste
As part of our strategy to maintain an effective waste disposal network of options for the Townsville region, you will notice the following changes over the coming months:
- Tip vouchers will no longer be included in your rates notices. Instead, you will be able to dispose of your excess waste at one of our free tip weekends that will be made available to all residents later in the year, as well as a hard rubbish collection service. (Your current vouchers are valid until their expiry)
- Free tip weekends. These will be made available to all residents at our landfills and transfer stations later in the year. Keep an eye out on our website and Facebook page for dates and details.
- Hard rubbish collection. This will be made available to all residents later in the year. Keep an eye out on our website and Facebook page for dates and details.
- Domestic green waste disposal. This will be available for FREE at all of our waste facilities.
Also, you'll still be able to recycle the following at any of our waste facilities for FREE!
- TVs, computers and printers (up to 20 pieces)**
- Clean metals and cardboard **
- Used oil (up to 20L)
- Gas bottles (up to 9kg)*
- Mixed recycles from your yellow lid bin
*excluding Bluewater & Toomulla
**excluding Bluewater, Toomulla & Magnetic Island
For more information go to our Transfer Stations and Landfills page.
As you'll no longer be receiving tip vouchers with your paper rates notice, why not register to have it delivered to you electronically? Find out more on our Rates & Utilities page.