Grants information sessions to help get ideas off the ground
Date published: 25 January 2017
Community groups and individuals seeking financial assistance through council’s Community Grants and Sponsorship Scheme are invited to attend information sessions at Townsville Stadium in February.
The sessions will be a chance to gain an understanding of the community grants process, learn more about funding opportunities available through council and learn handy hints on writing a grant application.
Sessions on Wednesday, February 1 are as follows:
- Community Grants workshop - 2-3pm and 5.30-6.30pm
- Sport and Recreation Grants workshop - 5.30-6.30pm
- Individual Consultations - 3-4.30pm and 6.30-8pm
Council officers will be available after the information sessions for a limited number of 15 minute consultations. When registering, applicants are asked to indicate their interest in attending a consultation to discuss their grant application. They will be provided with a consultation time on Monday, January 30.
Community and Cultural Development Committee chair Cr Colleen Doyle encouraged residents to attend.
“At these workshops our staff can offer invaluable advice on applying for grants that can make such a big difference to a community organisation or individual trying to get their idea, project or activity off the ground,” Cr Doyle said.
“Sometimes the process for applying for a grant can seem daunting, but these workshops provide practical information such as how to apply and the processing and acquittal of community grants.”
Information will be available on the following grants:
- Regional Arts Development Fund
- Community Heritage Grants
- Community Capacity Building Grants Program (Partnerships and Sponsorships, Community Organisation Support, Community Cultural Awareness)
- Mayor’s Community Assistance Fund
- Community Micro Grants
- Festival and Events Grants
- Pulse Townsville Grants
- Waiver of Council Venue and Park Hire Fees (Townsville City Council Facilities)
Sport and Recreation – Get Active Grants
- Elite Sportsperson Grants (individual and team)
- Club Capacity Building Grants
Bookings are essential by 5pm Friday, January 27.
Contact 1300 878 001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this round of grants close at 5pm, Friday, February 17.
For more information visit: https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/community-support/grants-and-funding