Grants to support community projects
Date published: 9 November 2016
A number of Townsville community and arts groups will be allocated grants funding to deliver programs and events for the community.
The Community and Cultural Development Committee today recommended the Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) grants be allocated to a number of local groups.
RADF recipients are:
- Candice Levett – NQ Clarinet and Saxophone Competition
- Shakespeare Under the Stars trading as TheatreiNQ – Gert and Bess play
- The Cootharinga Society of NQ – Developing ability in the arts with La Luna and Cootharinga NQ
- RSL Memorial Pipes and Drums Townsville – workshop
- Umbrella Studio – Young Umbrella Mentorship project
- Townsville Writers and Publishers Centre – workshop
Committee chair Cr Colleen Doyle said nine applications were received for the RADF grants, with the RADF committee assessing applications against the guidelines and eligibility requirements.
“Funding of up to $10,000 was available for each applicant, with applicants required to give projected statistics on their projects and address their priority targets,” Cr Doyle said.
“Of the nine applicants, six have been recommended for funding.
“Many of these groups depend on grants to continue to operate and provide wonderful community programs, events, festivals and operations in our community.”
Today’s committee recommendation will go to the full council on November 22 for approval.