Registrations for Anzac Day parade now open
Date published: 16 February 2017
Schools and organisations are encouraged to register their participation in this year’s Anzac Day parades in Townsville and Thuringowa.
Registrations are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday, March 10.
Deputy Mayor Les Walker said the Anzac Day parade was a great opportunity to remember those lives lost, but to also show respect to those servicemen and women still serving.
“Townsville is a proud garrison city and it is important that people of all ages take part in the parade,” Cr Walker said.
“It is always great to see a significant representation from our local community organisations and I would encourage them to register their participation.”
Townsville City Council is assisting the Townsville and Thuringowa RSL sub-branches in coordinating the Anzac Day commemorations.
Registrations for the parade can be made online on council’s website www.whatson.townsville.qld.gov.au
Townsville Anzac Day Commemorations 2017:
- 5.30am Townsville City Dawn Service – Anzac Park
- 5.40am Thuringowa Dawn Service – Thuringowa Cenotaph
- 9.45am Thuringowa mid-morning service – Thuringowa Cenotaph
- Townsville parade begins at 9am from Strand Park to Anzac Park
- Thuringowa parade begins at 9am from Willows car park to the Thuringowa Cenotaph