Date published: 18 January 2021
Sand and sandbags are currently available at the following locations –
- Bluewater - 14 Forestry Road, adjacent to the Bluewater Community Centre
- Mt Low - Corner of Mt Low Parkway and Bruce Highway
- Rasmussen - 43 Allambie Lane, carpark area for the Upper Ross PCYC
- Garbutt - 113 Dalrymple Service Road, out the front of the Townsville City Council depot
- Hermit Park - corner of Brodie and Boundary Streets, behind Officeworks
Additional location at:
- Rollingstone SES - 44 Community Cres, Rollingstone
Members of the public are reminded to bring their own shovels to fill the sandbags.
Water Conservation Measures
Conserving water is essential to ensure Townsville’s water supply is secure now and into the future. Let's use water wisely in our homes and yards. Water no more than twice a week in the dry, never in the wet!
Career Change? Apply Now!
Explore current vacancies and take a step towards your next career! Join us to build a city of the future.
Green Waste Suburb Selector Tool
Check out the new Green Waste Suburb Selector tool! Council is busy collecting green waste after Ex-TC Kirrily and covering more than 1800km of roads. This online tool has been designed to help you know how we are progressing in your area.
Know your Risks
Familiarise yourself with the types of natural disaster events which may affect the Townsville area.