The Townsville City Council 2017/18 Operational Plan and Budget was adopted at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday 27 June 2017. The budget will deliver a 5% cut on gross general rates for residential ratepayers.
- 2017/2018 Operational Plan and Budget (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- 2017/2018 Budget Summary (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- 2017/2018 Mayor Cr Jenny Hill Budget Speech (PDF, 234.3 KB)
- 27.06.17 - Budget delivers rates break, strong financial plan for city
- 27.06.17 - Council ledger is back in black
- 27.06.17 - Major works to support city’s growth
- 27.06.17 - Budget pumps $5.5M into water supply for city
- 27.06.17 - City wide maintenance gets top Budget billing
- 27.06.17 - Budget drives good deal for road spending
- 27.06.17 - City Budget goes hard on waste pick-up
- 27.06.17 - Animal management a funding priority
- 27.06.17 - Big Budget funding for Community Safety
- 27.06.17 - Funding for a sustainable city
- 27.06.17 - Events calendar will have residents cheering
- 27.06.17 - Renewals funding for water and sewerage networks
Visit What’s On Townsville
What's On Townsville is the North's Ultimate Event Guide! Browse performing and visual arts, festivals, film, markets, music and more.
Youth Pride Walk & Picnic
Let’s make The Strand a sea of colour to celebrate pride! Be outrageous. Wear your brightest. 2 July 2023
Council is offering households a 50% rebate (up to a maximum of $100) for purchases of reusable nappies, incontinence and sanitary products to encourage sustainable choices and support our community in reducing waste.
All cat, kitten, dog and puppy adoptions are half-price until 30 June 2023. Come and visit the Animal Care and Adoption Centre and see if you can find your new best friend!