Mayor Jenny Hill has handed down her Budget for the 2020/21 period.
The Townsville City Council 2020/21 Operational Plan and Budget was adopted at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
- 2020/21 Budget - Strong financial management and jobs generation at the forefront of Council budget
- 2020/21 Budget - Budget provides $221.9m for jobs-generating capital works
- 2020/21 Budget - More than $25 million invested in support for community
- 2020/21 Budget - Budget supports community, business recovery from COVID-19
- 2020/21 Budget - Council budget delivers win for first home buyers
- 2020/21 Budget - Rates review to ensure balance
- 2020/21 Budget - Council formalises hardship support policy
- 2020/21 Budget - Council to discount sewerage charges for not-for-profit sporting clubs
These are unprecedented times, and they are tough ones. Let's band together as a community, support local businesses, show a little kindness, check-in, get active, connect and learn.
Nominations now open!
These awards have been designed to provide public thanks to those quiet achieving seniors who give so much to our city. Nominations Close 2 August 2020.