We've improved the way we manage your waste
As part of our strategy to provide sustainable and long-term waste management solutions, Council is pleased to provide a range of waste management services to our community, which include:
- Free Domestic Green Waste Disposal. You can dispose of your domestic green waste for free at all our waste facilities, year-round^.
- Free Domestic Recycling at all Facilities. We encourage you to recycle the following items at any of our waste facilities for free, year-round^.
- TVs, computers and printers (up to 20 pieces)**
- Clean metals and cardboard **
- Used oil (up to 20L)
- Gas bottles (up to 9kg)*
- Mixed recyclables from your yellow lid bin
- Free Dump Weekends. Held annually, this Council initiative is a great opportunity to clean up around the house and garden. Household rubbish and items will be accepted at all waste facilities free of charge over the Free Dump Weekend. Stay tuned for further details about the next Free Dump Weekend.
- Hard Rubbish Kerbside Collection. We are making waste removal even easier, with free kerbside collection for all residents over a nominated period. Kerbside collection is running from March – October in 2019. For more information, visit our Kerbside Collection page.
- Fortnightly Collection of your Recycling Wheelie bin. Recycling bins are collected fortnightly. However, if you need to dispose of your recyclable waste before your scheduled collection, you can take it to any of our waste facilities free of charge.
- Weekly Collection of your General Waste Wheelie Bin. This service accommodates the removal of your general household waste, on a regular weekly basis.
Not sure when your bin collection day is? Visit our Bins and Collections page.
To locate your nearest waste facility or for more information go to our Transfer Stations and Landfills page.
^All facilities closed on Good Friday & Christmas Day
*excluding Bluewater & Toomulla
**excluding Bluewater, Toomulla & Magnetic Island
Would you like to receive your Rates Notice via email?
Register to have your notices delivered electronically direct to your inbox, find out more on our Rates & Utilities page.