New program offers sporting clubs a helping hand
Date published: 10 May 2017
Townsville City Council is offering sporting clubs assistance with their development thanks to a new program called Get Active Clubs.
Launched on Friday, the program assists and empowers clubs to:
- Increase levels of participation in their sport
- Be well managed and governed
- Achieve good practice and minimum operating standards
- Develop an environment that will provide growth and development
- Provide an atmosphere and culture that is attractive to current and future club members.
Community Health and Environment Committee chair Cr Ann-Maree Greaney said the program was about sharing information and helping clubs to be self-sufficient.
“Registration enables clubs to access a range of resources, information and additional council support,” Cr Greaney said.
“Council can also assist clubs who register with grant opportunities, which can help a club to grow, improve their facilities or to help them deliver carnivals, competitions and much more.”
The Get Active Clubs program offers a range of information, support and guidance to clubs and their volunteers including:
- Planning and development
- Club management
- Committee management
- Club policies
- Financial management
- Grants – funding – sponsorship
- Risk management
- Volunteer management
- Marketing and promotions
- Best practice
To register visit council’s website www.townsville.qld.gov.au and search for Get Active Clubs.