Works to upgrade Parkway Park in Black River
Date published: 17 January 2023
The Parkway Park in Black River will be closed for maintenance renewal works which are set to start on Wednesday 18 January 2023 and are expected to take approximately eight weeks to complete (weather and project conditions permitting).
Townsville City Council is committed to providing and maintaining over $5.4b worth of community assets, including parks and community facilities.
Through this commitment, Council is conducting the following maintenance renewal works at Parkway Park:
- installation of boulders around the park to protect park assets and irrigation from vehicles
- planting of additional trees around the park for shade and amenity
- construction of a pathway from the carpark to the play equipment
- installation of a shelter and picnic table set
- installation of a drinking fountain
- renewal of the irrigation system.
Infrastructure Services committee chairperson Cr Kurt Rehbein said the works would provide the community in Black River with an even better spot for children to play and families to enjoy the outdoors.
“Due to the nature of these works we will have to temporarily close Parkway Park to all users to ensure public safety,” Cr Rehbein said.
“But these extensive upgrades will certainly be worth the wait and will be welcomed by the community in Black River that use this park regularly.”
For more information on Council’s parks, beaches and community venues, visit Parks, Beaches & Community Venues.