Pay My Rates
Payments made your way
You can pay now or later, in person or online, in instalments or with a little extra help.
Pay online using your credit card. Accepted credit cards include Visa and MasterCard.
A payment processing fee (0.5% of the payment amount) applies to credit card payments and Visa or MasterCard debit card.
To use our online payment system, BPOINT, you must be using an up-to-date version of your preferred Internet browser.
For more information, please visit our Website Information page.
How do I know if my Online Payment has been accepted?
A confirmation page with a receipt number will be displayed once you have submitted your payment details and the payment is processed. Make note of this number as it may be required by Council as proof of payment should there be any future discrepancies. This receipt number verifies that your payment has been processed successfully.
Tip: Write the receipt number on the bill being paid.
You can make regular payments towards your rates bill throughout the year without having to wait for a rates notice. With BPAY® you can manage your rates payments by setting up affordable instalments instead of one full half-yearly payment.
Payments made outside of the billing period will be included in the brought forward amount on your next bill.
To pay your bills in advance by BPAY contact your bank, or refer to BPAY payment information on your rates notice.
Direct Debits with Council are only for paying Council rates. To set up a direct debit for your rates, please download and complete the form below, and return it to Council. The application will be processed and a confirmation letter will be emailed to you.
Remember, it may be simpler to set up regular payments via BPay without having to fill out any paperwork.
For more information about direct debit payments for your rates, please contact Council’s revenue section on 13 48 10.
Alternatively, you can download a hardcopy of the Direct Debit Application Form (PDF, 112.9 KB).
Direct to Council
13 48 10 (23 hour automated service)
Townsville City Council Customer Service Centre:
- 103 Walker Street, Townsville City
- Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm (Closed Public Holidays)
- Payments accepted in cash, card, cheque, or money order.
Townsville City Council Customer Service Point:
- Citylibraries Riverway, 20 Village Boulevard, Thuringowa Central
- Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (Closed Public Holidays)
- Payments accepted in card only.
Accepted credit cards include Visa and MasterCard. A payment processing fee (0.5% of the payment amount) applies to credit card payments.
No cash can be given on debit cards or cheques.
You can pay in person over the counter at any post office, or:
Apply for a Payment Plan
Before applying for a Payment Plan, please ensure you have read and understand the below Payment Plan Conditions:
1. A Payment Plan is an agreement between the ratepayer and Council that allows for the payment of outstanding rates and charges to be made by regular instalments, over an agreed period of time. Payment Plans can only be accepted for the amount currently outstanding and is only valid for the current rate period. You will need to re- apply for a new payment plan on receipt of any subsequent notices.
2. If the ratepayer defaults on a payment plan, full payment of the balance outstanding will become due and payable immediately and legal action may commence resulting in additional costs for which you would be liable.
3. Compound interest per annum applies to all overdue rates and charges from 30 days after the due date. Interest on current year Rate arrears for “approved pensioners” will not be charged until 1 July of the following financial year, until paid in full.
4. All applications for payment plans will be acknowledged and confirmed in writing.
5. It is the responsibility of the ratepayer to keep Council informed of changes to financial and other circumstances that affect their ability to make the scheduled payments.
6. All sections of the Payment Plan Application must be completed.
7. The ratepayer/s must provide sufficient information to support their application for a Payment Plan.
For further enquires contact the Customer Service Centre on 13 48 10 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can download a hardcopy of the Payment Plan Application (PDF, 312.0 KB)
Request a Refund or Transfer of Rates Credit
Please allow 10 working days for your application to be processed.
Payment options which do not incur the Credit Transaction fee include:
- BPay through your own internet banking facility.
- Payments at Australia Post using cheque, cash or debit card - you must select savings or cheque account when using debit card.
- Payments at TCC Customer Service Centres using cheque, cash or debit card - you must select savings or cheque account when using debit card.
- Direct Debit.
- Cheques mailed to Townsville City Council.