Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
RADF is a unique partnership between the Queensland Government and the Townsville City Council to support local talent, unite communities and celebrate the arts across the state.
RADF promotes the role and value of arts, culture and heritage as key drivers of diverse and inclusive communities and strong regions. RADF invests in local arts and cultural priorities, as determined by local communities, across Queensland.
Applications for the second RADF Grant funding in 2018/2019 will:
Open - 1 June 2019 at 12am
Close - 1 July 2019 at 11:59pm
- Applications for over $1,000 and up to $10,000 per application are invited
- You can only receive one (1) grant from RADF per financial year.
To be eligible to apply, applicants can be:
- an individual professional artist, emerging professional artist, arts worker, cultural worker or project coordinator who holds an Australian Business Number (ABN) or will be auspiced by a not-for-profit, properly constituted incorporated body or individual with an ABN, or;
- a not-for-profit*, properly constituted incorporated body or be auspiced by such a body which is able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the project.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must;
- be based in the Townsville City Council Local Government area, or if based outside the council area, then be able to demonstrate how the project will directly benefit arts and culture in the council area;
- be free of debt to Townsville City Council and have no outstanding acquittals from previous Townsville City Council grant applications;
- hold, or have an auspicing organisation with, public liability insurance to the value of ten million dollars per claim; or occurrence giving rise to a claim; and
- be able to demonstrate how the project will meet a local demand or need within the Townsville community.
Applicants must ensure that Initiatives they are requesting funding for are to commence after the 1 September 2019. Initiatives that commence prior to this date will be deemed ineligible.
How to Apply
Please read the grant guidelines prior to preparing your application.
The online application system (SmartyGrants) allows you to save, develop and print out your application before you submit it.
Guidelines and Useful Forms
- Guidelines - Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) - (PDF, 356.6 KB)
- Glossary of Terms - Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) - (PDF, 465.5 KB)
- RADF Eligibility Checklist Professional or Emerging Artist 2018-19 - (PDF, 217.6 KB)
- RADF Auspices Form - (PDF, 262.2 KB)
- RADF Assessment Criteria Help Sheet - (PDF, 194.6 KB
For further information contact Council's Grants and Partnerships Team on 13 48 10 or send an email.