Reef Assist Business Partnership Grant
Council has successfully applied for and received project funding under the Queensland Government Reef Assist Program 2020. The submission secured nearly $2M for creating immediate local jobs, proving economic uplift to local businesses and will be used to deliver important environmental restoration works in areas or sites not otherwise funded.
Townsville City Council is looking to partner with businesses or non-for profit (NFP) organisations who are interested in employing and creating environmental teams for healing the Townsville landscape over the next 12 months, through:
- Reconnaissance to map out opportunities across landscapes
- Co-creating a well-structured and effective seasonal works program
- Participating in collective social learning workshops, building partnering situations and future actions with businesses, teams, community and other stakeholders
- Investigate and create opportunities for construction of light infrastructure and interpretive signage to enhance ecotourism
- Heal and strengthen our river and creek landscapes through:
- Utilising weeds and other catchment organics for building restorative humification works (weeds to soils)
- Trialling innovative approaches
- Building and applying probiotic formulations
- Enhancing and creating soils
- Seed collection, grow-out and planting of native vegetation
- Completing minor site erosion stabilisation
- Co-developing resources and field materials and case studies.
This program is flexible to allow for innovative solutions and models of support, to provide benefits to businesses, and key natural environments. Your application should articulate the benefit this program could provide your business, as well as additionalities your business could bring to the program.
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Be willing to enter into a contract agreement with Townsville City Council if successful
- Constitute as a business which is currently registered for GST and is on the Australian Business Register, or Not for Profit.
- Reside in and/or primarily provide services within the Townsville Local Government Area
- Demonstrate an alignment between your business objectives and the initiative in which you are applying for
- Be free of debt to Townsville City Council
- Have satisfactorily acquitted any previous Townsville City Council grants (if previously applied for).
Hold a current Certificate of Currency - Public Liability Insurance (PLI) to the value of $20,000,000 per
COVID-19 Safe Plan
All applicants must submit a COVID Safe Plan that aligns with the current State and Federal guidelines and restrictions for COVID-19.
How to Apply
The online application system allows you to save, develop and print out your application before you submit it.
Applications have now closed.
For more information please phone Council Grants and Partnerships Team on 13 48 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be checked for eligibility and then assessed by Subject Matter Experts and the Project Team for within Council. Applications close 2 December 2020 at 11.59pm.
Acquittal processes will be confirmed with successful business partners dependant on business models agreed on, which will be reflected and imbedded with the contract agreements developed.