First Home Buyers Incentive
The First Home Buyers Incentive is a Townsville City Council initiative offering first home buyers’ up to $1,000 off their rates bill at their new property.
To be eligible for this incentive the property must be a first home purchase; be the owners primary place of residence; and the home and land must be valued at less than $450,000.
Eligible First Home Buyers will receive up to $1,000 off their first years rates for:
- New and existing homes in the Townsville Local Government area where the contract for construction or sale is signed after the 1 July 2020;
- This discount is per new home - not to each of the applicants for the same home;
- Home and land must be valued at less than $450,000;
- Must occupy home before 1 July 2023; and
- Must reside in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months.
What you must supply
- A copy of your Queensland Government First Homeowner’s Grant application and approval;or
- A fully completed copy of the signed Form OSR D2.1 not all owners as first homeowners and available from your solicitor or conveyancing officer; or
- For land purchased prior to the 1/07/2022, the signing pages of your build contract showing it was signed between 1/07/2020 and 30/06/2023.
- Other documents you believe prove your compliance
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the First Home Buyers Concession, please download and complete the following form.
- First Home Buyers Concession Application Form (PDF, 45.3 KB)
If have any questions please contact Council on 13 48 10.
First Home Buyers Concession Policy
The Policy can be found on page 78-79 of the 2022/23 Budget and Operational Plan.