First Home Buyers Incentive
The First Home Buyers Incentive is a Townsville City Council initiative offering first home buyers’ up to $1,000 off their rates bill at their new property.
To be eligible for this incentive the property must be a first home purchase; be the owners primary place of residence; and the home and land must be valued at less than $450,000.
This rebate, combined with the existing $20,000 of grant on offer from the Queensland Government for Regional Queensland and the $25,000 grant provided by the Federal Government means people building a new home in Townsville could now be eligible for incentives of up to $46,000.
Eligible First Home Buyers will receive up to $1,000 off their first years rates for:
- New and existing homes in the Townsville Local Government area where the contract for construction or sale is signed after the 1 July 2020;
- This discount is per new home - not to each of the applicants for the same home;
- Home and land must be valued at less than $450,000;
- Must occupy home before 1 July 2021; and
- Must reside in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months.
What you must supply
- A copy of your Queensland Government First Homeowner’s Grant application and approval;or
- A fully completed copy of the signed Form OSR D2.1 not all owners as first homeowners and available from your solicitor or conveyancing officer; or
- For land purchased prior to the 1/07/2020, the signing pages of your build contract showing it was signed between 1/07/2020 and 30/06/2021
- Other documents you believe prove your compliance
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the First Home Buyers Concession, please download and complete the following form.
- First Home Buyers Concession Application Form (PDF, 46.6 KB)
If have any questions please contact Council on 13 48 10.
First Home Buyers Concession Policy
- First Home Buyers Concession Policy 2020/21 (PDF, 764.9 KB)
Keep up-to-date with handy tips and alerts before, during and after disaster events.